Our Sacrament of Baptism is a very key moment in the faith life of our young families. We endeavour to offer a pastoral welcome of hospitality as a priority to our young parents who request Baptism here in our Parish.
From first phone call to the Parish Office, to the Baptism Sacramental celebration, we follow a process with these families…
- A letter of welcome and information is sent to confirm the phone arrangements for the parents.
- Our Baptism Team co-ordinators follow up with all the parents giving them the dates for a Preparation evening session, a Presentation Sunday morning in the community and the details for their actual Baptismal Sacrament Celebration.
- The Baptismal Team here in St. Francis Xavier-St. Clare’s consists of dedicated team leaders who form and assist a team. This is a special ministry for our team of parishioners as they enjoy the encounter with these wonderful young families on their entrance into our parish community. To be a team member of welcome for parents, as they present their child on the first part of their faith life and journey, gives so much joy to all involved.
We are always pleased to welcome new team members to this ministry.
The Sacraments of Initiation
As our young children continue their faith journey with us at St. Francis Xavier-St. Clare’s Parish, we offer the Sacraments of Reconciliation, First Eucharist and Confirmation.
All our Parish families are invited to enable their children to prepare for these sacraments celebrated each year with the community. Our St. Francis Xavier Primary School children and our children attending State Primary Schools in our area are all given preparation at the appropriate age for receiving these sacraments.
- Sacrament of Reconciliation is celebrated mid-year for the children from State Schools. The program runs throughout Term 2 for approximately 10 weeks on Saturday afternoons, 4.00pm, at St. Francis Xavier.
- Sacrament of First Eucharist for the State School children runs throughout Term 3 for approximately 10 weeks, on Saturday afternoons, with sessions from 4.00pm to 5.30pm and includes the attendance at the 5.30pm Mass at St. Francis Xavier for these families during this preparation program.
- The Sacrament of Confirmation is celebrated in the earlier part of the year as set by the Archdiocese, usually late April. The Parish offers all young people from State Primary and Secondary Schools to attend a weekly evening preparation program from early February to April and to share with the St. Francis Xavier Catholic Primary School in the combined celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation.
We have a dedicated team of parishioner catechists who conduct and support our State School Parish children in all these programs. We do welcome additional parishioners wishing to join with the catechists as it is a very rewarding ministry to help pass on our sacrament life to a new generation coming along.
2016 First Reconciliation Class