Everything we have and everything we are is a gift from God. Life itself is God's gift to us. Our family, our friends, the time we have and our talents have been given to us. Our ability to use these gifts to earn an income is also a God from God.
We have a duty to nurture and use these gifts as God wants: to share them in the service of others.
Our Stewardship Challenge
To develop and share our gifts with others — with no strings attached. By focussing on the needs of others, as Jesus did, we will grow as individuals and as a Parish Community.
Our Stewardship Program invites you to join and participate in our parish groups and ministries. Be involved. Stay involved. Make a difference.
"Help one another – this is what Jesus teaches us and this is what I am doing, and doing with all my heart, because it is my duty. But it is a duty which comes from the heart: I love it.
I love this and I love to do it because that is what the Lord has taught me to do.
But you too, help one another; help one another always. In this way, by helping one another, we will do some good."
Pope Francis - 28 March 2013
Holy Spirit Stewardship Program
Holy Spirit Parish embarked on a Stewardship Program in February and March 2016. This is a warm welcome to all parishioners and school families to become active participants in a dynamic, caring and valued community. We are proud of our Parish, and want it to remain strong and vibrant. Please join us, become more involved, more engaged and make a difference.
Our Parish Community
- Parish Groups Expo
Parish Information Evening
- On the weekend of 27th and 28th Feb as well as 5th and 6th of March we held our first Parish Expo. Our 30 or more Parish Groups were on display. The breadth and depth of activities that make up our parish is quite amazing.
Parish Groups Expo at Mass on Sunday 28th February 2016
Now it's up to you
On Tuesday 1st March at 7:30pm in the Parish Hall we held a Parish information evening. This provided a forum on shaping and sustaining our parish going forward.
- Get involved in one of our Parish Groups by checking them out on the website. Sign-up to one or more that will allow you to use your time and talents for the benefit of the parish community by getting in touch with the group leaders detailed in the contact information on the pages. If you'd like to know more contact them by email or phone. They'll be happy to hear from you and to assist.
- Alternatively read our Time and Talent Response brochure, print it off and complete it.
- Make a financial contribution by making a pledge. Print it off and complete it too.
The question of how much to pledge is a personal one and very much depends on your means. As a guide, consider the following:
- A minimum of $10 in total per week ($45 / month).
- If you can pledge more great. If you honestly cannot, that's fine too.
- At least 15% of the total pledge should be put towards the presbytery (e.g if the total pledge is to be $45 / month then $38 for stewardship and $7 for the presbytery).
- Consider what is left after paying your essentials – mortgage, school fees, electricity, gas and phone bills etc…?
- Do you spend more on alcohol, lotto, movies or other luxuries than you give to your parish? Have you the right balance when considering your values and commitment to the parish?
- Return the completed Time and Talent Response brochure and Pledge card by doing one of the following:
- scan and then email them to: RingwoodNorth@cam.org.au
- post them to:
Holy Spirit Parish
Parish Stewardship Program
120 Oban Road
- Drop them off to the Parish House or School at the above address