Registrations are officially open. Get in quick to make use of the early bird rates, which end on August 18!
The Australian Catholic Youth Festival is a national
gathering of Catholic young people established by the Australian Catholic
Bishops Conference. It provides young people with an opportunity to deepen
their relationship with Jesus, be empowered to be disciples in the world today,
and encounter and celebrate the vitality of the Church in Australia.
The Festival will be interactive and engaging and participants
are able to attend a wide range of activities across the three days. The workshops will cover a variety of topics
of interest to young people including social justice, song writing and ethical
issues. Each day there will be a main plenary session where all participants
gather together to celebrate as one group. There is also an interactive expo
where young people can engage with Catholic movements and organisations. In addition, participants have the
opportunity to experience different spiritualties and prayer forms including meditation,
adoration, praise, and more, led by experienced facilitators and talented
The Australian Catholic Youth Festival has taken the theme –
Open new horizons of spreading joy: Young people, faith and vocational
discernment. The theme draws inspiration from Pope Francis’ address to young
people at the Vigil at WYD Krakow 2016, along with the theme chosen for the
next General Synod to be held in Rome during 2018. Pope Francis continues to
challenge the young people of the world to boldly engage with their faith,
their relationship with Jesus and the world.
The AOY will offer support groups attending the Festival by:
Hosting regular information updates across Melbourne at the Connect regional youth ministry meetings (February, May, August and November 2017) for those interested in leading a group.
- Running Festival related formation for leaders at our Blueprint workshop day in April 2017
- Running a workshop day 23rd September to assist in preparing groups leaders who are accompanying a group to the Youth Festival
- Creating a written resource with content to assist with running small groups and how to prepare your group to attend the Festival
- Hosting a Commissioning Mass on the 3rd December with Archbishop Hart at the Cathedral followed by a celebration.
- Offering a limited number of accomdation subsides
- Offering a limited number of subsidies (Closing July 28) to assist with the registration costs of group leaders Apply HERE.
The AOY will assist young people who would like to attend the Festival by connecting them with a suitable group located near them. If you are planning to lead a group to the Festival, please contact us! If you are a young person who would like to attend the Festival but don’t have a group, please contact us too!For more details contact the AOY by calling (03) 9287 5565 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Australian Catholic Youth Festival is also be kicking off the Year of Youth.