The Fund will provide support prioritised toward program, operational or capital costs. It will consider funding capacity-building activities of organisations that will be able to demonstrate how their intended use of the granted funds will have positive impact on their work to help overcome disadvantage, inequality and exclusion for people in the geographic boundaries of the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne.
The priorities for the Fund’s grantmaking include:
- Research and development grants
- Supporting community groups in capacity building activities
- Seed funding to establish a new project or funding to allow a project to continue.
- Core costs for equipment, administration or salaries
- Paying for specific expertise required in a particular field
- Providing professional development for staff
- Introduction of capacity building technologies.
Generally, the Fund will not grant funding to:
- Grants to support the purchase of equipment
- Renovation or refurbishment of existing buildings.
- Interstate, national or international projects that do not directly benefit people in the Catholic Archdiocese of Melbourne
- Individuals requesting support for professional learning, academic research or study to obtain a degree or diploma, or to attend conferences
- Retrospective grants to cover an organisation’s spending incurred before the grant term
- Recurrent costs or general operational expenses that do not directly benefit beneficiaries
- General fundraising appeals or commercial sponsorships