The Congregation of the Passion of
Our Lord Jesus Christ, The Passionists, were founded in Italy in 1720 by St
Paul of the Cross for the renewal of the church. The Passion of Jesus is the
greatest sign of God’s love for each and every person. We are fortunate to have
both Passionist men and Passionist women (Sisters of the Cross and Passion). The
first Passionists came to Australia in 1843, to begin the first Catholic
Mission to the Aborigines on Stradbroke Island off Brisbane. A second
group came from London in 1887 to establish what is now the Province of the
Holy Spirit. They were asked to serve in the parish of St. Brigid in Marrickville,
NSW. Passionists are now found in Australia, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand and Vietnam.
The Passionists assumed pastoral
responsibility for our parish in 1998. They are also engaged in works
across the Diocese and across the country.
• Fr Kevin Dance CP, Parish Priest
• Fr Brian Gleeson CP, Community Leader.
He assists in neighbouring parishes on weekends.
• Fr Pastor Mumburi CP .
He is on loan from our Passionist Province in Tanzania
• Fr Chris Mithen CP (retired)
PO Box 12,
Marrickville NSW 1475
+61 (2) 8577 5600
Sisters of the Cross & Passion
Founded in England by Elizabeth Prout where she initiated works similar to Mary MacKillop.
• Sr Joan Smith CP
• Sr Brigid Murphy CP